Contracts for banquet events and related agreements between Grand Hyatt Tokyo and clients are subject to the following regulations. However, clients will comply with any separate contracts signed with Grand Hyatt Tokyo.
1. BANQUET ROOM OCCUPANCY HOURS
The client is entitled to occupy the contracted banquet venue at Grand Hyatt Tokyo during the time agreed upon in advance. Grand Hyatt Tokyo may permit the client to occupy the room beyond the time agreed upon depending on availability. Additional charges will be incurred accordingly. Grand Hyatt Tokyo may not be able to extend usage of the contracted venue due to previously scheduled commitments.
When a contract for a banquet has been signed, the client will be requested to pay a deposit within a specified time. The timing and deposit amount will be determined by Grand Hyatt Tokyo according to the details of the banquet.
3. PAYMENT IN ADVANCE
Banquet charges as stated in the quotation, less any previously paid deposit, shall be paid in full in Japanese currency, by cash or bank transfer at least 7 days prior to the day of the event, or as determined in the contract.
All charges (or any outstanding charges if the client has paid a deposit or advance payment) are to be paid within 15 days following the banquet event, unless all charges are paid in advance.
5. CONFIRMATION OF GUARANTEED PERSONS
The client shall inform Grand Hyatt Tokyo of the final number of guaranteed attendees by 5 p.m. at least 3 business days prior to the banquet event (excluding weekends and national holidays), or as stipulated in the banquet contract. All preparations will be finalized by then, and full charges shall be paid even if the number of guaranteed attendees decreases.
When the contracted banquet venue is cancelled, or the date is altered, a cancellation charge in addition to actual expenses shall be paid as follows:
- A. From the day the contract is signed to 90 days prior to the reception day
20% of the total estimation and full actual overhead
- B. 89 days to 60 days prior to the reception day
30% of the total estimation and full actual overhead
- C. 59 days to 30 days prior to the reception day
50% of the total estimation and full actual overhead
- D. 29 days to 10 days prior to the reception day
80% of the total estimation and full actual overhead
- E. 9 days prior to the reception day
100% of the total estimation and full actual overhead
* Full actual overhead refers to any costs incurred by the hotel or subcontractors.
7. ARRANGEMENTS FOR DECORATIONS, ENTERTAINMENT, ETC.
Decorations, sound, lights and entertainment for the banquet event are to be arranged by appointed agents of Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Advance notice for authorization is requested when using agents who are not appointed by Grand Hyatt Tokyo. To protect the property of Grand Hyatt Tokyo, all arrangements for the banquet event by agents who are not appointed by Grand Hyatt Tokyo including equipment, decoration, entertainment, transportation of materials and set up shall be instructed by Grand Hyatt Tokyo. A surcharge of personnel expenses will be added if necessary.
8. LIABILITY OF THE GUEST
The client and agents who are not appointed by Grand Hyatt Tokyo will be held responsible for any damage caused to the building, structures, carpets, walls, ceilings or furniture of Grand Hyatt Tokyo. In the event of any damage being caused to these articles, the client who signed the contract for the banquet will be required to pay for any repairs to such damaged article or the cost to fully replace them. The hotel does not assume any responsibility for any accidents resulting in injury, theft, loss, or damage (irrespective of whether direct, indirect, consequential) arising from the use of Grand Hyatt Tokyo facilities. The client and concerned parties will be responsible for all damages and will be solely responsible for implementing antitheft measures at the exhibits.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL BANQUET RECEPTION CONTRACTS
Grand Hyatt Tokyo has the right to decline or cancel the contracted banquet venue under any of the following conditions. When the contracted banquet venue is cancelled under any of the following conditions, a cancellation charge shall be paid in accordance with Article 6 of this BANQUET REGULATIONS.
- A. When the client to the banquet venue is considered, at Grand Hyatt Tokyo's sole discretion, liable to conduct and/or to have conducted himself/herself in a manner contrary to the law or to have acted against public order and good morals.
- B. When the client to the banquet venue is considered, at Grand Hyatt Tokyo's sole discretion, liable to conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that is a nuisance to the other guests.
- C. When the client to the banquet venue is a member of an antisocial organization such as an organized crime group, concerned party of an organized crime group, extremist party or other antisocial organization ("organized crime groups") or is related to organized crime groups.
- D. When the client to the banquet venue is a corporation or entity controlled by organized crime groups or persons related to organized crime groups.
- E. In the case the client to the banquet venue is a corporation or entity, when the board member of the corporation is a person related to organized crime groups.
- F. When the client to the banquet venue has conducted himself/herself in a manner that is a nuisance to the other guests.
- G. When the Grand Hyatt Tokyo identifies the client to the banquet venue has or had made demands using violence, or made unreasonable demands of Grand Hyatt Tokyo or its employees.
- H. When a protest demonstration, harassing behavior or the like are anticipated, and such activities are considered, at Grand Hyatt Tokyo's sole discretion, to be a nuisance to other guests or the neighboring community.
- I. When the client violates this BANQUET REGULATIONS.
10. FORCE MAJEURE
Grand Hyatt Tokyo shall be released from any and all obligations or liabilities in case the performance by Grand Hyatt Tokyo of any obligations under the contract by their deadlines becomes impossible due to acts of God, war, government regulation or action, terrorism, natural disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or any other emergency beyond reasonable control. Grand Hyatt Tokyo may terminate this contract for any one or more of such reasons upon written notice.
The following are prohibited at Grand Hyatt Tokyo:
- A. Outside food or drink (includes coffee)
- B. Dogs (except for dogs recognized by the Law Concerning Assistance Dogs for the Disabled), cats, birds and any other animals or pets
- C. Explosive or flammable articles such as gunpowder or gasoline
- D. Articles with offensive odors or which make disturbing noises
- E. Creating a disturbance which disrupts other banquet events
- F. Gambling
- G. Removal of fixtures or equipment
- H. Using the banquet venue for purposes other than those agreed at the time of reservation
- I. Behavior prohibited by the laws of Japan
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Grand Hyatt Tokyo uses personal information for operational and statistical purposes only, and will not disclose the client's individual identity.